Welcome to the unfolding story of our attempt to remodel/restore the WWII-era home that we purchased in 1989. A minimalist traditional style residence with good "bones" but very little character, my husband and I would like to transform the house into an Arts & Crafts-inspired gem. Having languished in the project for many years, I am hoping this blog will provide the accountability we need to stay focused on our dream. Come join us on the journey!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Too Exoitc For Me

My husband and I are considering a second remodel of our only bathroom.  We updated it over twenty years ago when we bought out home, so this most essential room is definitely overdue for another upgrade.  If, as we have heard, the average recommended time between major bathroom remodeling projects is every five years, then we have been quite remiss in keeping up with modern decorating trends.  Currently, our "water closet" contains a toilet, a tub/shower unit, and a sink surrounded by a formica countertop, and a shower curtain from Kohl's.  In short, our bathroom is basic.

As part of an initial discussion of toilets, King Richard came across this video of the C3 Toilet Seat by Kohler.*  Innovative though it may be, this particular unit is too exotic for a simple Midwestern girl like me.  I think I would rather invest in a towel warmer, but that is the subject of another discussion.


*No compensation was received for featuring this product.

1 comment: